Fulton County Home Owner Program (HOP)
This program provides down payment assistance for families purchasing homes in Fulton County.
Down payment assistance funding is available for low to moderate income families through Fulton County’s Home Owner Program (HOP). Eligible families must reside in Alpharetta, Chattahoochee Hills, College Park, East Point, Fairburn, Hapeville, Milton, Mountain Park, Palmetto and Union City. Families living in the Riverdale section of Fulton County can apply for HOP.
Funding is made available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant funding that makes it possible for Fulton County to provide up to 6% of the home’s sales price, which cannot exceed $10,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance.
Qualified individuals will receive down payment and closing cost assistance in accordance with the loan applicant’s mortgage lender requirements.
- Repayment of the down payment funds is not required if the home remains the primary residence of the homebuyer for 6 years.
- Twenty percent (20%) of the loan amount is forgiven annually after Year 1, provided the home buyer remains compliant with program guidelines.
- Credit history and income must qualify the homebuyer with a mortgage lender with appropriate debt to income ratios (no more than 50%)
- The home purchased must be within the purchase price limit. (The maximum home sale purchase price cannot exceed $201,000 for existing homes and $224,000 for new construction.
- Home buyer is required to complete a minimum of 8 hours of pre-purchase housing counseling with a HUD approved agency.
- The purchaser must meet income guidelines to purchase a property with HUD assistance.
Click here to download the program fact sheet.
Call or text Kim Delk-Brooks, Realtor at (770) 324-2514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you qualify.